Solutions to fix XIAOMI REDMI 7 camera troubles. This is mid end smartphone with dual camera lens with 12 megapixel f/2.2 for standard shoot and 2 megapixel for give depth Bokeh effect for potrait photos. The sensor of this phone use Omnivision OV12A10 with good photo quality and able to record Full HD movie 1080 at 30fps. However, we have to make sure take photos or record videos at sufficient light, because the aperture number is not big as f/2.2 and also does not have images stabilizer.
Some users get issues with XIAOMI REDMI 7 camera such as hang or lag or freezing or can not work properly. We will give simple solutions to fix XIAOMI REDMI 7 camera problems.
How To Reset To Factory Default Camera Setting of XIAOMI REDMI 7 ?
We can take many photos with AI technology whether using front or rear camera for daily activity. This is the simple steps to fix camera issues at this phone.
We give several options to self fix XIAOMI REDMI 7 problems :
#Option 1, Reset XIAOMI REDMI 7 to Factory Default using Camera Setting Menu :
- Turn on XIAOMI REDMI 7
- Please make sure our Camera application still can work / running when Camera Icon pressed
- Press Camera Icon to activate Camera applications
- Go to menu Setting inside this Camera applications, usually the menu icon shaped like 3 lines box at camera applications, then choose Setting
- At Camera Setting default menu, please scroll and find Restore default Settings
- Please choose OK when XIAOMI REDMI 7 ask confirmation to Reset all camera setting to factory default
#Option 2, Reset XIAOMI REDMI 7 camera to Factory Default using Setting Menu :
Actually this steps similar with #Option 1 above, but the different only at starting process. Please use this steps when the Camera applications is not running when we press Camera Icon
- Turn on XIAOMI REDMI 7
- Go To Setting Menu
- Choose System Apps
- Choose Camera
- At Camera detail menu, please scroll and find Restore default settings
- When it ask for confirmation, please choose Ok.Then XIAOMI REDMI 7 will be restore back to factory default setting
#Option 3, Install Alternative Camera Applications for XIAOMI REDMI 7 :
After trying #option 1 and #option 2, but XIAOMI REDMI 7 camera still not working, then we can try to install 3th party alternative camera from Google Play Store, at this moment we recommended to install Open Camera, search from Google Play Store. This application is free and have several features to work with XIAOMI REDMI 7.
#Option 4, Do Hard Reset to Factory Default when All Steps to Fix XIAOMI REDMI 7 are not working :
The last options that we can try when XIAOMI REDMI 7 camera is not work properly by doing hard reset. Please follow steps to hard reset XIAOMI REDMI 7 at this specific article
How to Fix XIAOMI REDMI 7 Camera Auto Focus Problems ?
Some users get issues with XIAOMI REDMI 7 can not focus properly. Some troubles always happen but some other users sometime focus some time not focus. There are several possibilities that can make it hard to focus:
- Try to clean up XIAOMI REDMI 7 camera lens. Why this is important? Because if there is a small dust stay in front of camera lens, then the camera will automatically focus to that dust or dirty object. Therefore we have to make sure wipe our camera lens with soft cloth.
- Check whether our XIAOMI REDMI 7 camera glass lens have some scratch or not. The scratch also will make camera focus become confuse. If we have this problems, then try to replace camera glass lens with original one at Xiaomi authorized service center.
- Some software / firmware version also will make XIAOMI REDMI 7 camera auto focus can not work properly. Please try to backup with latest firmware or Android version upgrade.
Other FAQ of XIAOMI REDMI 7 camera :
- Is XIAOMI REDMI 7 front camera have LED light flash ? No, the selfie camera does not have dedicated flash, but we can use screen light to help taking better photos at very dark conditions.
- Can we take pictures under water using XIAOMI REDMI 7 ? No, this phone is not water resistance, therefore we can not take pictures or videos in the water.