Solutions to fix XIAOMI MI 8 PRO troubles. This is Android smartphone with dual main camera at back side of body, both have same resolutions at 12 megapixel but the aperture number is not same. First camera 12 megapixel use f/1.8 for default camera, it also already have optical image stabilizer to reduce hand shake and the second 12 megapixel use f/2.4 aperture. Please remember, by having big aperture number, then we can take more bright photo at low light situations without using LED light flash. But of course we still can use LED light flash if the situations are really dark.
Why XIAOMI MI 8 PRO Camera Not Working Normally ?
XIAOMI MI 8 PRO have dual camera at back side of body with same resolutions 12 megapixel. Front or selfie camera use single camera with 20 megapixel. Some users maybe get troubles with the camera. Usually this problems happen because applications crash that makes XIAOMI MI 8 PRO camera get some issue or problems.
How To Reset To Factory Default Camera Setting of XIAOMI MI 8 PRO ?
XIAOMI MI 8 PRO basically have default main camera applications. The camera can be use to take pictures and videos either for front or rear photos. XIAOMI MI 8 PRO front camera does not have light flash but we can use screen light to help taking photos at low light situations. At the back side of body we can see dual camera with single LED light flash between each lens.
Sometime XIAOMI MI 8 PRO get some trouble with their main camera applications because we have changed some options or camera it self corrupt or crash with some other installed apps. At this situations we can not take any pictures from camera or XIAOMI MI 8 PRO blank not show anything, blank display only.
We give several options to self fix XIAOMI MI 8 PRO problems :
#Option 1, Reset XIAOMI MI 8 PRO to Factory Default using Camera Setting Menu :
- Turn on XIAOMI MI 8 PRO
- Please make sure our Camera application still can work / running when Camera Icon pressed
- Press Camera Icon to activate Camera applications
- Go to menu Setting inside this Camera applications, usually the menu icon shaped like 3 lines box at camera applications, then choose Setting
- At Camera Setting default menu, please scroll and find Restore default Settings
- Please choose OK when XIAOMI MI 8 PRO ask confirmation to Reset all camera setting to factory default
#Option 2, Reset XIAOMI MI 8 PRO camera to Factory Default using Setting Menu :
Actually this steps similar with #Option 1 above, but the different only at starting process. Please use this steps when the Camera applications is not running when we press Camera Icon
- Turn on XIAOMI MI 8 PRO
- Go To Setting Menu
- Choose System Apps
- Choose Camera
- At Camera detail menu, please scroll and find Restore default settings
- When it ask for confirmation, please choose Ok.Then XIAOMI MI 8 PRO will be restore back to factory default setting
#Option 3, Install Alternative Camera Applications for XIAOMI MI 8 PRO :
After trying #option 1 and #option 2, but XIAOMI MI 8 PRO camera still not working, then we can try to install 3th party alternative camera from Google Play Store, at this moment we recommended to install Open Camera, search from Google Play Store. This application is free and have several features to work with XIAOMI MI 8 PRO.
#Option 4, Do Hard Reset to Factory Default when All Steps to Fix XIAOMI MI 8 PRO are not working :
The last options that we can try when XIAOMI MI 8 PRO camera is not work properly by doing hard reset. Please follow steps to hard reset XIAOMI MI 8 PRO at this specific article
Other FAQ of XIAOMI MI 8 PRO camera :
- Is XIAOMI MI 8 PRO front camera have LED light flash ? No, the selfie camera does not have dedicated flash, but we can use screen light to help taking better photos at very dark conditions.
- Can we take pictures under water using XIAOMI MI 8 PRO ? No, this phone is not water resistance, therefore we can not take pictures or videos in the water.